E-Terra is Nigeria’s local leader and a global player in electronic waste management, refurbishment, I. T asset decommissioning and Data Destruction services.
As we create green jobs in Nigeria, we are looking for passionate, energetic, and talented people who can support our goal of pioneering and maintaining our leadership position in Nigeria and driving innovation in the electronics reuse and recycling industry.
It has been brought to our attention that members of the public have fallen prey to bogus employment websites advertising job vacancies in E-Terra and its subsidiary Companies. We have been further informed that telephone interviews have been conducted, and job positions offered.
Please note that these job vacancies and employment offers emanate from organizations pretending to recruit on behalf of or as E-Terra or one of its subsidiary Companies. The said recruiters impersonate:
- People working for the E-Terra Group;
- People affiliated with the E-Terra Group;
- People impersonating employees of the E-Terra Group;
- People recruiting on behalf of the E-Terra Group.
Individuals are usually notified via email or telephone calls that their qualifications were found suitable to be recruited as an employee (local or expatriate) for E-Terra or its subsidiary companies and solicit the transfer of significant sums of money to pay for work permits, insurance policies, etc.
Please be informed that E-Terra, its subsidiary companies and Recruitment Consulting Companies will at no point in the recruitment process request for money from applicants. All individuals who are successful in gaining an offer of employment from E-Terra or its subsidiary companies, directly or indirectly, are always required to go through a formal recruitment process. At no point during this recruitment process will telephone or email interviews be conducted.
All genuine communications will originate from the Human Resource Management Team and a verifiable E-Terra (@eterra.com.ng) e-mail address and not from an Internet e-mail address e.g.: hotmail, yahoo, gmail, outlook etc.
In the event that you receive any of the emails described above, we advise that you do the following:
- Do not respond to unsolicited business propositions and/or offers from people you are unfamiliar with;
- Do not disclose your personal/financial details to anyone you do not know or a website you do not trust. If you have disclosed this information to someone or a website you do not know or trust report the incident to the police immediately;
- Visit the E-Terra (www.eterra.com.ng) website to verify any such vacancies;
- Contact the Nigerian Embassy in your country, you may also refer such mails to your country’s Embassy/High Commission in Nigeria for further investigation;
- Be on the lookout for suspicious signs – such as communications form a non E-Terra email address (e.g. from yahoo.com, outlook.com, gmail.com address); grammatical errors within the email; and any request for money.
Fraudulent Website Warning
E-Terra advises the public that “www.eterra.com.ng” is the only official website for our company; and any other website bearing a similar name is NOT the official website for the company. We are aware that a few other websites may attempt to mislead members of the public into believing that they are linked to our company or website and are being used as a medium for perpetrating fraud and other illegal activities. E-Terra DOES NOT in any way endorse, recommend or sponsor any of these fraudulent or illegal activities, or any information and material contained in these other websites.
Fraudulent Business Propositions
A specie of these emails solicit the help of the recipients in transferring huge sums of money in foreign currency, which the authors of the emails claim are entitlements from E-Terra for some dead relations, or are monies accruing from excess crude oil sales, or have been forgotten in some dormant account. Sometimes, these emails also propose to award huge value contracts to the recipients of such emails. The authors of such emails often request details of recipients’ bank accounts, to enable them transfer the said monies, usually with promises of some percentage.
For scam mails purportedly emanating from or related to the E-Terra, we advise that you contact the following for confirmation:
The Administrative Manager
E-Terra Technologies Ltd
2, Ibikunle Close, Via Havey Road
Off Herbert Macaulay Way
Tel: (+234) 817 204 1475
To report any fraudulent activities referred to above, please contact us: email@example.com