E-TERRA TECHNOLOGIES LTD INTEGRATED QUALITY, HEALTH, SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENT (QHSE) POLICY
E-Terra Technologies Limited is Nigeria’s leading, indigenous eco-friendly electronic waste (E-waste) management and data destruction expert; offering e-waste recycling and data destruction (shredding/disintegration) solutions in alignment with the global vision of a safer business environment and a greener planet.
E-TERRA is committed to satisfying customer, statutory and applicable legal and other requirements, pursuing continual improvement of its Quality and Environment (QE) management system in order to enhance E-Terra QE performance, effective management of all identified environmental related risks throughout our operations, ensuring adequate and effective engagement of all stakeholders on QE matters in order to improve our performance and preserving the environment through the use of appropriate pollution prevention efforts.
The company is also committed to the provision of a safe and healthy working condition for the prevention of work-related injury and ill health among staff, contractors and visitors. We believe that through consistent and continuing efforts, incidents and occupational illnesses can be prevented. We also believe that management involvement is crucial in driving a proactive health and safety culture at all locations where staff, contractors and visitors conduct business activities on behalf of E-Terra Technologies Ltd by continually improving the Occupational Health & Safety (OH&S) management system.
To achieve our policy objectives, E-Terra shall:
- Provide a framework for setting, reviewing and achieving its QHSE objectives;
- Ensure the availability of required QHSE documented information;
- Ensure that relevant documented information are communicated, understood and applied by E-Terra staff, suppliers and contractors;
- Ensure that relevant documented information are made available to all relevant interested parties (e.g. staff, clients, visitors, suppliers, contractors, etc. and the general public);
- Ensure that all documented information are reviewed annually at every management review meeting to ensure that they remain relevant and adequate;
- Satisfy and comply with applicable Occupational Health & Safety Management System (OHS-MS) legal and other requirements relevant to E-Terra’s operations;
- Provide a positive safety culture in which every staff, contractor and visitor feels free to speak up about non-conformances, undesirable or unsafe act and condition;
- Continually assess and manage all hazards that pose risk to health and safety;
- Ensure the provision and maintenance of safe plant and equipment;
- Ensure the preparation/rehearsal of emergency plans;
- Have a risk-based process in place for the identification, classification, prioritization and control of hazards and risks;
- Provide all staffs, contractors and visitors, etc. with relevant information, operational controls and regular training on OH&S requirements to enable them to conduct their activities safely;
- Consult and ensure active participation of workers and/or their representatives and other stakeholders on OH&S matters.
Ifeanyi Ochonogor May 13, 2022
Chief Executive Officer